From Heather ~
Today I had a moment of being overwhelmed at the store . Amanda and I were in Ulta buying make-up for the wedding. First, I don't really do beauty stores because they are overwhelming. Second, who needs all that make-up?! While Amanda seemed in her glory, I walked away for a moment and it all hit me. In 7 days we are getting married; we are buying make-up for our wedding.
Earlier this morning Amanda reminded me that these are the last 7 days of my singleness. I jokingly told her that I better get busy and do everything that I won't be able to do once we are married. We both had a laugh. She asked me what I would do and I responded, "Play video games and drink soda."
I mention this because while we were at the store shopping, I was reminded of this conversation that we had earlier. While I was standing in the store, breathing deeply to calm myself, I was reflecting on this conversation. There isn't anything that I would want to do without Amanda. She has become my best friend. We have been on adventures together, we have laughed together, and we have cried together. I'm not losing anything in 7 days; rather I am gaining something. I'm going to be gaining new family members, creating new memories, starting a family, and entering into a covenant with the woman I love. This made me smile while I was standing in the store, surrounded by make-up, watching Amanda pick out eye shadow.
In 7 days, I can't wait to start our new adventure together!
No comments:
Post a Comment